Plot, Aristotle said, is the soul of tragedy. And maybe you’re living a five-act tragedy trying to figure out how to plot your novel, short story, or screenplay.
If so, then I have good news for you.
Introducing THE HAPPINESS PLOT, a new blog series on story structure by novelist and children’s author, Daniel McInerny
There are many, many good books on plot and story structure out there in the world–several of which are on my shelves. But to my mind, none of them adequately captures the link between narrative form and the human quest for happiness. This is an insight that we owe to the ancient Greeks, not least to the aforementioned Aristotle, and I believe that in understanding this link between plot and our yearning for happiness you will better be able to tell emotionally moving, intellectually satisfying, beautiful stories.
So are you eager to write a story but don’t know where to start?
Have you started your story but found yourself bogged down?
Are you struggling with meeting both the demands of structure and the demands of style?
Are you wondering how it’s possible to plot a compelling story without becoming formulaic?
Then join me, Daniel McInerny, as I seek to uncover THE HAPPINESS PLOT.
SERIES BEGINS on HALLOWEEN: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
Subscribers to the The Comic Muse Email Newsletter will receive BONUS CONTENT & SPECIAL OFFERS related to THE HAPPINESS PLOT.
And it’s absolutely FREE!
The Comic Muse Email Newsletter is indeed absolutely free. Every couple of weeks you’ll find simmering in your email Inbox
- Extra content that goes deeper into the topics explored in THE HAPPINESS PLOT blog series
- Special offers of free fiction consulting with Your Humble Servant, Daniel McInerny
- An enticing compendium of links and references to reviews, events, books, and online discussion of themes related to THE HAPPINESS PLOT
- News and updates from the writing desk of Daniel McInerny
Ready to uncover the plot?
Subscribe to The Comic Muse Email Newsletter today and receive a digital copy of my short story, a post-apocalyptic dystopian romance entitled, “The Bureau of Myths.” Compliments of the chef!
And besides the posts comprising THE HAPPINESS PLOT…
You’ll find a digital library of useful and entertaining material at danielmcinerny.com by novelist, children’s author, screenwriter and playwright, Daniel McInerny. Among the more recent posts:
- “Maybe Writing Fiction Isn’t a Grand Enough Job For You?”
- “How to Make Money as An Author”
- “The Purpose and Power of Children’s Literature”
If you’re a storyteller of any kind, you’ll find much in which to ponder and delight inside.
* The Halloween image above is reproduced courtesy of Rene Cunningham via Wikimedia Commons under the following license.